Responsible for the provisioning, operation, monitoring, and support of on-premises and cloud infrastructure.
Scope of the Job
Responsible for corporate and customer server infrastructure including operating systems, security, networking, databases, etc. Working on multiple projects and located in main office.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Deploy, operate, and maintain all aspects of on-premise and cloud infrastructure provisioning and maintenance
- Provide support to internal and external clients
- Create and maintain operational documentation for infrastructure
- Identify and resolve issues with infrastructure
- Perform tasks with regards to systems hardening, security, firewalls, permissions, access control, etc
- Prioritize issues and address the top faults proactively under minimum supervision
- Configure and maintain the monitoring and reporting platforms
- Close issues/problems within defined parameters
- Interface with Vendor Support to resolve issues when identified as a vendor platform issue.
- Assist vendor in implementing required integration as per requests and guidelines.
- Assist Developers in integrating systems developed with existing Microsoft platforms as per engineering and management requests and guidelines
Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Infrastructure configuration and maintenance
- Issue resolution
- In depth knowledge of server hardware and software
- In depth knowledge of cloud services
- In depth knowledge of multitier application architecture
- In depth knowledge and understanding of enterprise infrastructure
- In depth knowledge and experience with programming and shell scripting
- Working knowledge and understanding of networking
- Well-developed interpersonal skills – able to interact effectively with customers and vendors
- Logical/methodical approach to product solutions and delivery of services and support
- Helpful, positive attitude.
- Identifies and voices issues that may harm the business
Experience, Education & Qualifications
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator
- AWS Certified Solutions SysOps Administrator – Associate
- Configuration Management (one of Ansible, Puppet, or Chef)
- Containers (Docker)
- Virtualization (one of KVM, VMware)
- Good to have
- Cisco Certified Network Associate
- Microsoft Azure
- Google Cloud Platform
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator
Send your CV to careers@Infonas.com with the vacancy title: DevOps Engineer and vacancy code: SA-004
- Physical demands
- Standard working hours
- Spending long working hours sitting and using office equipment such as computers, which can cause muscle strain.
- Remote issues troubleshooting
- Work nights for tight deadline or production functionality issue resolution
- Required to be on-call out of office hours
- Travel for meetings with clients and partners
- Environmental conditions
- Working in normal office environment
- Sensory demands
- Spending long working hours in intense concentration
- Mental demands
- There are a number of deadlines associated with this position, which may cause significant stress.
- Dealing with a variety of people on numerous issues