Responsible for the provisioning, operation, monitoring, and support of on-premises and cloud infrastructure.
Scope of the Job
Responsible for corporate and customer server infrastructure including operating systems, security, networking, databases, etc. Working on multiple projects and located in main office.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Provisioning and maintenance of on-premise and cloud infrastructure
- Provide support to internal and external clients
- Create and maintain operational documentation for infrastructure
- Identify and resolve infrastructure and application issues
- Perform tasks with regards to systems hardening, security, firewalls, permissions, access control, etc
- Prioritize issues and address the top faults proactively under minimum supervision
- Configure and maintain the monitoring, logging, and reporting platforms
- Close issues/problems within defined parameters
- Interface with Vendor Support to resolve issues
- Assist vendors in implementing required integration as per requests and guidelines.
- Work with architects, developers, and other stakeholders in integrating and deploying systems and services
- Working knowledge and understanding of enterprise server and application infrastructure
- Working knowledge and experience in scripting using Bash and Python
- Working knowledge and understanding of Networking i.e. Layer 2 and Layer 3
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills – able to interact effectively with a diverse team, customers, and vendors
- Helpful, positive attitude.
- Identifies and voices issues that may harm the business
Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Infrastructure design and maintenance
- Issue resolution
Experience, Education & Qualifications
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
- Configuration Management (one of Ansible, Puppet, or Chef)
- Containers (Docker)
- Virtualization (one of KVM, VMware)
- Good to have
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Amazon Web Services
- Microsoft Azure
- Google Cloud Platform
- Physical demands
- Standard working hours
- Spending long working hours sitting and using office equipment such as computers, which can cause muscle strain.
- Remote issues troubleshooting
- Work nights for tight deadline or production functionality issue resolution
- Required to be on-call out of office hours
- Travel for meetings with clients and partners
- Environmental conditions
- Working in normal office environment
- Sensory demands
- Spending long working hours in intense concentration
- Mental demands
- There are a number of deadlines associated with this position, which may cause significant stress.
- Dealing with a variety of people on numerous issues