Direct responsibility for the IT teams in the design, implementation, maintenance, and support of the IT Infrastructure, Cloud Infrastructure, Software, and Networking environment. Provides IT and systems support and expertise to Network Planning, Network Monitoring, Network Deployment, Finance, HR, Sales, Customer Support, and other Infonas Departments ensuring the business’ strategy and objectives are met.
Scope of the Job
- Managing and leading IT team of developers and administrators by providing guidance and direction.
- Budgeting, cost management, sign-off, resource planning etc.
- Servicing internal and external customers.
- Safeguarding Company data. Information security.
- People Management Responsibility for project delivery.
- Reporting on systems and projects.
- IT Policy development and monitoring.
- Ensuring appropriate hardware and software used.
- Develop capabilities to support activities of all other departments.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Manage day to day efforts in designing, configuring and maintaining all IT infrastructure; on-premises and Cloud
- Responsible for IT design, configuration and support of a resilient data center’s (on-premises and cloud) environment
- Lead multi-discipline IT teams to provide solutions and capacity planning of IT equipment and IT infrastructure
- Guide IT staff in conducting IT-related activities in accordance with relevant IT policies and procedures
- Provide guidance and mentoring to department and customers as required in order to develop knowledge and skills in software and hardware usage
- Manage IT staff performance to maximize contribution and develop potential
- Manage Tier 3 team escalations and interface with vendors to resolve all issues as required
- Research emerging technologies with respect to a unified IT environment to address Company and client business needs
- Serve as the technical liaison to senior managers to define/coordinate IT requirements for the corporation and its customers
- Prepare activity and progress reports for IT projects, ensuring issues are properly escalated and resolved to maintain deliver schedule, project cost and desired results. Provide other regular and Ad-hoc reports as required
- Manage multiple priorities effectively. Maintain clear and efficient communications with management and customers.
- Develop, implement, and manage IT procedures and policies to ensure the company’s IT assets and intellectual property is used correctly and safeguarded, in line with compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Development and implementation of systems and processes that follow best practice
- Prepare presentations on IT technical subject matter for senior management
- Maintain effective external relationships with vendors, consultants and service providers to ensure that the best-fit solutions and resources are available
- Member of the Operations management team, contributing to the development and effectiveness of the Operations function
Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Handles problems associated with:
- Allocation of available resources to ensure projects delivered on time
- Managing changing needs and expectations of customers
- Managing vendors and consultants
- Network design, implementation, deployment, and support
- Is required to take decisions independently in connection with:
- People parameters
- Equipment suitability for project – recommendations
- Technologies and implementation of solutions
- Ability to lead and develop a multi-disciplined team
- Proficient in using service provider level services and systems
- Project Management/Team skills. Can lead, contribute to, and/or manage several projects
- Good operating knowledge of service provider infrastructure
- Leadership – be able to get results through people
- Able to interact effectively with people at all levels of the Organization, with clients and vendors
- Customer focus – looks for ways to continually improve IT service to the team’s customers to minimize problems and provide fast and accurate resolution
- Proactive – looks for IT developments that will enhance the service to existing internal and external clients and in developing innovative products
- Identifies and voices issues that may harm the business
Experience, Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Computer Science, related discipline, OR equivalent experience
- Project management certification
- 5+ leadership experience
- AWS Certified is desirable
- ITIL Certified is desirable
- Product development in business-related processes
Send your CV to careers@Infonas.com with the vacancy title: Manager, IT and Cloud Infrastructure and vacancy code: 27944
- Physical demands
- Standard working hours
- Spending long working hours sitting and using office equipment
- Environmental conditions
- Working in normal office environment, may have to visit storage facility to see equipment which may be dusty at times.
- Facing interruptions and meeting others on a regular basis.
- Maintain office hours.
- Sensory demands
- Working in front of screens and monitors all day.
- Mental demands
- Dealing with a variety of people on numerous issues
- May be required to support outside of normal working hours
- Occasional travel required – expo’s; Conferences; vendors