To participate in the deployment of all customer/project orders for network installations and hardware both at On-Net and Off-Net sites.
Scope of the Job
- Ensure quality installation and deployment of Company’s network equipment.
- Maintain and troubleshoot the network as required.
- Provide Layer-1 support to NOC for troubleshooting of various circuits.
- Fiber splicing, termination and OTDR testing.
- Provide basic support for PBX systems for customers.
- Structured cabling in Datacenters and customer sites.
- Provisioning of AC and DC power in datacenters including cable pulling and termination.
- Configuration of Microwave radios and antenna alignment.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Plans network installations by studying customer orders; gathering equipment, supplies, materials, tools and assessing installation site.
- Inspection of assembled equipment, to ensure proper installation.
- Test and troubleshoot equipment for proper operation.
- Interact with team members & Manager during field installations and projects as required.
- Clearly and professionally interact with customers during commissioning of the circuits.
- Able to determine tools and equipment required to perform scope of job.
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment as scheduled by the manager.
- Assemble, align, and install equipment, as necessary.
- Provide support in Layer-1 troubleshooting in case of service faults at customer sites.
- Cabling and termination of both telecommunications and power cables within datacenters and across building, following the cabling standards.
- Cabling and deploying equipment at customer locations following the standards.
- Deployment and Installation of Radio/Microwave antennas at building rooftops following the standards.
- Maintain company assets (equipment, tools and vehicles used in the implementation of any works) up to standards.
- Fill in Job orders and reports to document the tasks performed at customer sites.
- Installation of PBX hardware internally and to external customers.
- Fiber splicing and termination.
Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Handles problems associated with:
- Network installations and deployment issues.
- Technical troubleshooting and reverse engineering abilities.
- Detail oriented and well organized.
- Able to handle heavy and delicate equipment.
- Advanced knowledge in Telecom operations support.
- Firm understanding of Network Fundamentals.
- Firm knowledge of understanding electrical framework.
- Microwave radios.
- Able to work for long periods unsupervised.
- Procedural thinking.
- High Customer – Quality Focus.
Experience, Education & Qualifications
- A degree or Diploma in telecom/electrical related field is required for this role.
- 2-3 years of experience in dealing with telecoms equipment, pulling cables, fiber splicing and PBX systems etc.
- CCNA certification is an advantage.
- Network Fundamentals.
Send your CV to careers@Infonas.com with the vacancy title: Specialist, Network Deployment and vacancy code: 26938
- Digital dexterity and hand/eye coordination in operation of office equipment.
- Lifting and carrying of supplies, files and product (up to 125 Lbs.) etc.
- Ability to speak to and hear customers and/or other employees via phone or in person.
- Body motor skills sufficient to enable incumbent to move from one office location to another.
- Mostly work outdoor and constantly going on site visits.
- Can be called in at any time after working hours.
- Directly required to deal with customers.
- Directly dealing with customers.
- Required to write site survey reports and email communication.