To be responsible for installing, configuring, and managing Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) systems within companies.
The job scope is to define and deploy IP telephone communication systems, including their software architecture and hardware components.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Prepare design specification plans as per customer requirement and provide appropriate enterprise solutions for architecture.
- Coordinate with technicians and perform installation and migrations of various technology solutions within network.
- Develop architecture plans for voice services and prepare appropriate budgets and specifications for projects.
- Monitor efficient working of all complex and multifaceted projects.
- Perform research and develop new technologies and evaluate work of support suppliers.
- Evaluate work and ensure compliance to all infrastructure standards and polices for various supplier proposed solutions.
- Analyze customer requirement for advance service products coordinate with business firms and develop appropriate voice solutions for customers.
- Collaborate with internal staff and supplier and develop product integration strategies.
- Design RFPs for project requirement, coordinate with vendors and evaluate bids to recommend appropriate product for select network.
- Perform analysis on trunk utility and optimize IP and PBX Communication server for capacity building.
- Coordinate with vendors, analyze appropriate product offering and develop new products and services for network.
- Assist management with all high priority projects and prepare technical presentations.
- Perform troubleshoot on all voice services for all LAN and WAN hardware modules and configure appropriate communication media modules.
- Design and execute various Cisco Unity configurations and provide support to Unified Messaging.
- Monitor all customer inquiries and ensure appropriate resolution of same.
- Plan network capacity for network and perform troubleshoot on existing network.
- Analyze all security problems on network and develop new technologies to cater it.
- Skills to support Cisco IPT solutions and additionally SIP infrastructure based on SBC controllers.
- Excellent presentation/verbal communication skills and the ability to train and mentor other team members
- Ability to work well both independently, and in a team environment
- SME Troubleshooting problems and managing escalations provide solution for issues in timely manner.
- Responding to incidents, diagnosis and determining the most effective way of resolving problems.
- Lead in testing new services and developing operational requirements.
- Forward thinking in audit and compliance efforts including risk review, business monitoring, documentation of policies and procedures.
- Drive automation initiatives for the system maintenance activities.
- Fluent English skills both written and oral are a requirement.
- Good Communication Skills and Team Skills.
- Strong analytical capabilities in Voice Operations and Call Management system
Experience, Education & Qualifications
- 6⁄8 years of experience in CISCO IPT solutions and SIP infrastructure.
- Understand the following: IP Telephony, routing, switching, gateways, CDRs, QOS, Core Unified Communications, Presence and customer contact and repositories
- Knowledge of TDM voice & SS7 networks
- Knowledge and experience with Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Trunking, including carrier-based SIP service
- Must have expert understanding of the Cisco Unified Communication Products. • Experience with Call Manager (including recent versions 11.5+), Unity and Unity Connection.
- Experience with Voice Gateway configuration, SRST, Transcoding, Dial Peer configuration, and Digit manipulation, Dial Plans
- Experience with SBC technologies including Cisco CUBE (Ribbon/Sonus experience is a big plus)
- Experience engaging with Cisco TAC
- Desirable experience scripting new call flows for call centers, desirable knowledge of Cisco Contact Center (UCCE) technologies, including centralized ingress, CVP, VXML, & Finesse
- Experience with the following technologies/platforms: Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Unity Connection, Cisco Unified IM and Presence, Cisco Unified Border Element, VMWare, Cisco Integrated Management Console, Cisco CUBE and Imagicle Call Recording.
- Experience with the following telephony protocols or circuits: SIP, ISDN PRI, SS7
- Exposure in the following L2/L3 protocols: OSPF, EIGRP, RIP, and Ethernet Switching, 802.1Q, Voice Security, Fraud management and ACLs
- Industry certifications: CCNP Voice or better
Send your CV to careers@Infonas.com with the vacancy title: Voice Engineer and vacancy code: 29568
- Physical demands
- Spending long working hours sitting and using office equipment such as computers, which can cause muscle strain.
- Required to be on-call out of office hours.
- Environmental conditions
- Working in normal office environment
- Sensory demands
- Spending long working hours in intense concentration.
- Mental demands
- Dealing with a variety of people on numerous issues